I am so sorry... but words are hollow, aren't they?

Rather than the planned blog, I'm just going to share this photo and say that I am so sorry.

I know words don't mean shit.
I know I can't undo, fix, or make any of it better.
I know I am lucky, and I am thankful for that, every day.

I also know that I'm devastated and cry with the families in Newtown, Connecticut. If I could, I'd undo last Friday in an instant-- and I know I'm not alone.

I wish we didn't have these conversations. I wish this sort of thing was a plot line of a horror movie, or a best-selling thriller novel. the fact that school massacres happen in the US is unconscionable.

I know words fail.
I wish they healed instead.

I wish I had more words.
I'm just so, so sorry

Photo from the HRC you can see it at www.hrc.org


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mourning and Loss

No More Pink Ribbons

The Predator's Smile