Birthday wishes for my daughter

Today me daughter is thirteen.

Normally I'd write a lovingly crafted blog, telling the great things about the person I'm wishing for. Due to family circumstances I can't do that; she has made some very bad choices over the past year, culminating in a three day suspension and other things I'd rather not discuss at this time.

I have literally postponed her birthday. I told her if she continued on this path I'd take it from her, and I have done so-- she will get cake and ice cream some time later. When she stops stealing from me and her brothers, amongst other things, I will be more than happy to celebrate the day with the make-over I promised her four years ago.

My beautiful, smart, funny daughter is 13, and I can't even celebrate that with you.

I can't tell you how much I love her, and how much this is tearing me apart. There just aren't words.

I can't explain how disappointing it is, to see your kid, who you love, do this shit, and know you can't do anything about it. You just stand on the line "You will not cross" and wait, and push back.

I look forward to the day when I can write the wishes I have for her. Today, however, isn't the day. If that makes me a bad mother, call CPS, I'm sure they'd love to hear all about it from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mourning and Loss

No More Pink Ribbons

The Predator's Smile