Baby doughnuts

This one is going to be short because I just don't have words enough to describe how I feel.

Let's start with: "An Oklahoma lawmaker files a bill to ban the making and selling of food or products that use aborted human fetuses."

No, this isn't an Onion story, although the abortion-itorum/fun park was a good one.

Some guy, in Oklahoma just ruined my hope for Southerners, and made me glad my state hasn't done that. "At least we're not Oklahoma" I can say-- and given that I live in a state that is run by troglodytes, well, it's usually, "At least we're not Mississippi". Yeah, not good when someone in Arizona says, "At least we're not..."

The story continues,"State Senator Ralph Shortey says he's done research and found reports that companies have used stem cells in the research and development of food.

“I don’t know if it is happening in Oklahoma, it may be, it may not be.  What I am saying is that if it does happen then we are not going to allow it to manufacture here," says Shortey".

I urge you to read the entire article, it's not long, but it is flabbergasting. I heard about it, a couple days ago, and have been trying to formulate a reaction that was more articulate than "Wait... Wha? Fu-, Damn. He did what?! I mean, wow! Fah!" And the sounds continue! I'm not much for making sound effects-- but when I'm stopped cold by something I do end up making a lot of half-word sounds that could be profanity, if I could get them all out.

And where did he get this idea? The Internet. I guess he probably watched YouTube, because we all know, "YouTubes are infallible."

OK, thing is, not one company in the country-- probably the world-- uses aborted foetuses in their food. This isn't "Soylent Green", we don't eat people; we don't even eat foetuses. He read about Pepsi Co using some cultured stem cells from a very very old cell line (couple different dates I've seen attached to it puts them as old as the 1950's, but probably the 70's). These weren't even embryonic stem cells, I don't think. But that doesn't matter, they aren't going into the food, they were used to help with automatic taste testing, and probably allergic reactions. Stuff like that.

Second, embryonic stems cells are taken from a blastocyst-- days old, never implanted, grown in a petri dish.

Third, a foetus is the developmental stage at and after 11-12 weeks. That'd be a second trimester pregnancy-- you know, when you've had, or are getting your ultrasound so you know what colour to paint your nursery. The vast vast majority of abortions happen at or before --ready?-- 9 weeks.  You know, within the first two or three weeks after a woman misses her first period. According to Guttmacher, 88% of all abortions in 2006 were before 12 weeks.

So, the remaining 12% of all abortions, you know, the ones that tend to be done in order to save the life of the women, or the foetus has terrible defects; those abortions are being, what, stolen before the medical waste can be properly disposed of, and shipped off to be ground up and put in our doughnuts? Probably this guy thinks the doctors at Planned Parenthood, and the patients, they're all dancing in blood-soaked glee  while nom-ing human bits, right? People popcorn?

Fuck, man, where do they get this stuff?!

I know, I know, for many years there have been jokes made about "baby-flavoured doughnuts". I've made them, myself. And yes, I know, I've joked about (and ranted about) the way pro-choice people are often portrayed as baby-eating monsters. The first time I remember seeing it used so gleefully was on a blog/forum devoted to the Healthy At Any Size mantra. I'd seen it before, but it was more in a "well, the christians used to accuse the Jewish people of doing this" in relation to the Blood Libel. The more time that passed, and the more vocal the anti's got, I've seen more and more pro-choice women use "baby eating" as a way of showcasing the over-the-top ridiculous nature of most of the anti-choice propaganda.

I never thought I'd see the day that some fucknut in Oklahoma, or anywhere, decided to outlaw something made up, for laughs and to make a point about false outrage. Most especially because he admits he's not sure it's even done! That means he wants to make a law, outlawing something he doesn't even think really happens, just because he just loves him some foetuses, he's going to make sure it never does.

Once they're born, they'll get the best schooling, best day care, excellent medical care, their parents have the support they need to raise well-adjusted, healthy kids before sending them off to a top-notch state university, right? I mean as much of a pro-lifer as he claims to be, he's got to be adopting these unwanted foetuses right and left, to save them from the "abortion mills" and to give them the best life he can.

Right?

Up, nope, sorry, I got lost in my sarcasm for a moment there. We're talking about Oklahoma... we'll be lucky if the wanted kids can get good medical care, unfortunately. These don't give a damn about anyone except imaginary aborted-bay bay's and their crusade against the LGBT community.


So, no baby doughnuts for you.
No more ground up foetuses in our coffee; no more Foetus-Oh's, no more foetus-butter on toast.

I hope this Rep. Shortey is happy. He's ruined baby doughnut jokes forever. He probably read part of Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal and thought it was real. That's some quality education for ya.

What a bastard!

If he wanted ideas of stupid laws to pass, that might actually mean something, he should have called me.
I'd be all for outlawing big fat women wearing skinny jeans. And no men in them, either
(Fuck me, they look terrible! But I hate skinny jeans on everyone,t hey were tacky as shit int he 80's and 90's, they're tacky as shit now, I don't care how nice you think your ass is, you look like you have two Turkey Drumsticks for legs, and stick feet. Your ass is always 1 mile wide, you look awful, go home and put some clothes on!! -- Oh, sorry, lost myself in a rant, there.)

No girl under the age of 30 should be wearing 1980's throw back clothes. They were horrible the first time around. Lime green is never fashionable.

No spandex in public unless you're at the gym.

No black socks with sneakers and shorts, and Never with sandals.

No more hipster's and their ironic beer. PBR is horrible, squirrel piss, no one should be drinking it. Tell the hipsters, to be really counter-cultural, they need to drink moonshine.

Finally, Absolutely No More spray tanned, dyed blonde, cookie-cutter people making that duck-face.

Can't we at least outlaw the duck-face?

Sarah Morice-Brubaker, over at Religion Dispatch did a decent write up, too. She's doing the same thing most thinking people are doing... the written equivalent of beating our heads into the desk in utter and abject shock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mourning and Loss

No More Pink Ribbons

The Predator's Smile